Monday, March 19, 2012

What About Poetry?

~ ♥ Every soul is a poem ♥ ~ Michael Franti

~ ♥ Any healthy man can go without food for two days - but not without poetry ♥ ~ Charles Baudelaire

~ ♥ Poetry is an expression of the soul through words, sometimes crossed, sometimes joined, sometimes painted from the center of creation itself ♥ ~ B. Brose


I love poetry a lot. Through it I have discovered many parts of myself that without it I would have never found & it has opened me to a fantastic world of infinite posibilites. Here I share some of my poems. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did writing them. ENJOY!



“The Light” is Stronger

If you find yourself distressed
without a path
having lost a job
a relationship or health
remember “the Light” is stronger.

If you closed yourself in into the darkness
of your mind with no desire to come out
with no effort to want to change
remember, “the Light” is stronger

If you hated without being able to forgive
for days, months, years or
perhaps even lifetimes
remember “the Light” is stronger

“The Light is stronger
because it is in your heart
it is where you came from
where you were born
& through where your soul
is evolving to return to Spirit

To be reborn in Him
to raise you up to the highest levels
of divine existence
to awaken you into your sacredness

If you feel this is not possible
due to the paths you
have chosen in this life
Remember “the Light" is stronger
“The Light” will always BE stronger.


I Think of Him


I think about him although shouldn't think of him
I feel him deeply, I truly feel him
yet I realize I should not feel him
On one side I want to cut the reings
to no longer think about him
on the other hand I want to loosen the reings
and allow myself to feel, allow it, live it
but the fear of such a deep feeling
hovers like clouds over my thoughts
He is so distant from my way of living
I am so distant to reach & accept his

But, the thought stretches
the feeling deepens
I don’t want to stand alone and naked
in the desert of life
but I also don’t want to leave
the long path I’ve had towards freedom

He invites me to remember my shadows
my darkness and enriches my heart in a way
with a sweet and caressing word with good intention
Souls laced somewhere in time by a solemn embrace

I think of him although I shouldn’t think of him
I feel him deeply, I deeply feel him
Although I it would be best not feel him
even so, I have decided to allow
our souls to mingle
for a while...

So I may leave him a drop of my light
so he can remind me of my shadows
together we will unite our energies
the white with a dot of black
the black with a dot of white
The Yin and Yang in its perfect expression



The Drop

The drop that spreads
and melts the mind
is the same drop
that spreads
and melts the heart
when both
holding one another
offer themselves
to the Will of God




The Hidden Friendship

Your words always felt
like a breath of fresh water
over my desiring body
every time our words
would cross paths in time

Like a lilly smelling as a rose
You’d swirl the wind in my mind
as we deepened
into the open friendship
that took its course within the Truth

A Truth that tied us with an
unbreakable & sustainable lace
that pulled us in closer
without understanding the why

Your mouth fell into my mouth
at a distance in a silence
leaving our souls
imbued in pure inocence

Then I heard our lace snap
an incomprehensible echo
you pushed me away
taking another direction

That decision you made
felt like a shower of iced water
over my longing body
leaving me breathless, standing
in an unexpected awakening process


Remembrance of Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz

We are souls
we will always be souls
and as souls...
we will triumph!!!

We will place a crystal
in the center of man's nightmares
to relieve him
to raise him
to enlighten him
to awaken him

We are souls
we will always be souls
and as souls....
we will always Triumph!!!


♥ Red Rose Petals ♥

I can only give you one red rose
I pose it on your chest
so that without thorns
it may spill its petals over you

I can only give you one red rose
for the rest of the dozen, every leaf
belongs to the stars
at the disposition & capacity to love

And every rose that I give
and not just to anyone
means an eternal love
for me...


~ ♥ Have you written something from your heart today or told someone how much you love him/her? ♥ ~



Barbara Brose © 2010 - 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment